Life & Little Things...Knitty Things




I've got new stitch markers/Progress keepers up in the shop. I actually put them up last week but because I've been such a blog slacker lol ...I've got more on the way! They're really fun and I've even made myself several to attach to my projects and project bags. 


These two sets both include one of my lampwork glass bead focals but still small and light enough that its not too heavy even for fingering weight projects...



Sooooooo...Here's the thing, I can't seem to stop casting on socks...or buying yarn...


This skein was called  Ravenclaw, so duh! obviously I had to have it...



Not entirely sure how I feel about the contrasting heel on these but we shall see. I almost wish I would have gone with a darker color...



This pair is knitting up quickly. The colors are soooooo yummy and the yarn feels soft but rustic and sturdy so I'm hoping they wear well





aaaaaaaand well because it's been a while...like a long many years, I decided it was time to cast on a new sweater. A cardigan actually. Actually I have another one I started before Christmas that I'm still working on and it's coming along pretty good. I think I have like 2 more balls of yearn to go through before I can bind off on that one and seam it where it needs it. THIS one is a mix of texture and pattern and I think it might take me a little while lol! But it'll be so pretty and totally my style and worth it once I'm finished. PLUS this yarn tho! holy moly it's so pretty and nice to knit with!



Socks! 2 pairs to be exact about 3 maybe 4 more on the needles lol! If you've followed my blog over the years you might remember seeing me talk about wanting to sock knit. I think I added it to my goals each year at the New Year. I would say it,  pick it up with DPN's and then give up before I even had anything resembling any type of sock. I just can't seem to handle DPN's. So thanks to Lorelei Eurto  and Youtube and Magic Loop method it finally clicked and made sense to me and now I can't stop knitting socks lol



I really had fun with these stripy colored socks. I'm not sure what happened from the first sock to the 2nd one but I got totally different striping (more like pooling) on the leg of the 2nd one but they're just socks and they're for me and I still love them and the colors and had so much fun with this Madeline Tosh yarn so I don't care :)




I also signed up for Fiber Share which I'm really excited about! I've done plenty of bead swaps so I figured a knitty, fiber swap has to be just as fun! I'll blog more about that next time and introduce my fiber share besties :)



Its still cold, snowy and did I mention COLD here in Michigan so I'm perfectly happy cozying up with my coffee and knitting and getting as much work from home time in as I can.




Today I got to hang up my fabulous new sign my hubby burned for me! I was super excited about that! He does AMAZING work! If you are curious about wood burning (pyrography) be sure to check out his instagram @elouis78 


Thanks for stopping by! Drop a comment below and let me know what crafty endeavors you're working on! 


Comments

Popular Posts